US markets closed higher on Monday with the broad S&P 500 Index ending at another record high, with financial and biotechnology shares leading the gainers. Asian markets have slipped lower on some profit taking this morning, with the Nikkei Index down 0.53% and the Hang Seng Index falling by 0.17%. The Rand was last quoted slightly lower at R10.7033 against the US Dollar, while the gold price has climbed about $7 to trade at $1,282.79 an ounce. US futures are pointing to a lower open at this stage.
Key macro events:
- China: Conference Board Leading Index
- US: Durable Goods
- US: S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Index
- US: FHFA House Price Index
- US: Conference Board Consumer Confidence Index
- US: Richmond Fed Manufacturing Survey