The JSE closed 0.42% higher on Tuesday 30th July, helped by Naspers and MTN while mining shares consolidated after a recent rally.
- Growth in credit demand from South Africa's private sector slowed to 8.91% for the year-on-year in June from 9.05% in May; with expectations if a further slow in growth to 8.75%.
- The seasonally adjusted Kagiso Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) increased by 1.2 points to 51.6 in June. The index has been steady above the key 50-point mark for three consecutive months.
- The improvement in the headline figure is mainly due to the two largest weighted subcomponents of the PMI, business activity and new sales orders.
- May 2013 to June 2013 the PPI for exported commodities increased by 1,7%, due mainly to transport and mining and quarrying.
- The annual percentage change in the PPI for final manufactured goods was 5,9% in June 2013. From May 2013 to June 2013 the PPI for final manufactured goods increased by 0,8%
Anglo American Plc - Half year financial report for the 6 months ended 30 June 2013 (summary)
- Their underlying earnings for the first half of 2013 were $1.3 billion, 28% lower than for the same period in 2012 with an underlying operating profit of $3.3 billion, down 15% from $3.8 billion.
- An interim dividend of 32 US cents per share has been declared. The dividend in rands is R3.12512, giving a net dividend of R2.65635 after the dividend without tax.
Howden African Holdings Ltd - Trading Update
- Expected earnings per share and headline earnings per share to be in the range of 148.00 cents and 174.00 cents for the 6 months ended 30 June 2013, an improvement from 130.60 cents from the six months ended 30 June 2012.
- Their financial results are to be published on the 30th August 2013
- Kumba Iron Ore Ltd – LDT, 8th August (Pay Date, 19th August)
- Paying R20.10
- SABMiller PLC – LDT, 8th August (Pay Date, 23rd August)
- Paying R 6.05
- Hudaco Industries Ltd – LDT, 8th August (Pay Date, 19th August)
- Paying R 1.55
- Investec Plc. – LDT, 26th July (Pay Date, 12th August)
- Paying R1.15
- Investec Ltd – LDT, 26th July (Pay Date, 12th August)
- Paying R1.44
- Anglo American Plc – LDT, 8th August
- - Paying: Cash option, 12th September - R2.65635
- Share option, 19th September - Ratio TBA